- 14,284 hits
April 2017 M T W T F S S « Jul 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Maica Siluana (evreica convertita la ortodoxie) – Astazi femeile nu mai au rabdare sa-i invete iubirea pe barbati
I am a very big family girl, so this weekend was so nice. I don’t even know what we did but I spent the whole weekend with Mum and Dad (including yummy breakfast at Duende) and Saturday night cooking up a storm with my beautiful sister (see our delish Salted Caramel Macarons).
Sunday was family lunch with my Dad’s family, so Mum and I decided to put on a feast! On the menu was the most tender and deliciously easy (not that we normally tell people that 😉 ) slow roasted beef. Served with vine roasted tomatoes, a simply fresh salad and salted smashed potatoes.
For the beef (we were feeding 7 and we still had a bit leftover):
- 1.8kg scotch fillet (or whatever size you need to feed your tribe!)
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 4 cloves of garlic
- salt and pepper
- 3 sprigs of rosemary (dried…
View original post 309 more words
This weekend I learnt broomstick lace. I saw a photo of a broomstick cuff on Ravely but the pattern just says “work 3 groups of 5 stitches of broomstick lace for the length of your wrist.” which wasn’t quite the level of detail I was hoping for!
As with the crocodile stitch I’d been putting off learning this stitch because it looked quite complicated and there seemed to be a lack of left-handed written instructions, and again once I got my head around it it was actually quite easy. The most useful instructions I found were detailed written instructions from dayliliescreative.com – as usual though the instructions are for the right-handed majority so I’ve created a photo tutorial here for all the lefties out there to even things up a little.
I think completing this pattern with a fluffy or highly textured yarn would be a bit of a waste – you need…
View original post 680 more words
ERRORS IN ORIGINAL PATTERN!
- If you downloaded this pattern before 10/22/2012, please change the increase row after ribbing from (k7, kfb) to (k6, kfb). This will give you the correct number of stitches. Sorry for the error! Any downloads since 10/22/2012 have the revised pattern and need to make no changes.
- If you downloaded this pattern before 11/03/2012, please change the instructions for “Cable 6 Front” and “Cable 4 Front” from P3/P2 to K3/K2. Any downloads since 11/03/2012 have the revised pattern and need to make no changes.
- Worsted weight yarn (Lion Brand Yarn – Vanna’s Choice in “Mustard”)
- Size 7US (4.5mm) dpn’s
- Size 9US (5.5mm) 16” circular needle
- Size 9US (5.5mm) dpn’s
- Cable Needle
- Tapestry Needle
- Stitch Marker
- Row Counter
- dpn’s: double pointed needles
- k: knit
- p: purl
- sts: stitches
- kfb: knit in front and back of…
View original post 416 more words
E întuneric! S-a sfârșit ziua! Nici n-am apucat să-i spun rămas bun, cu toate că știu că nu se va întoarce niciodată.
Eram ocupată, mă gândeam cum să-ți spun Noapte bună în felul meu și tu să știi că doar ție ți-am spus Noapte bună!
Îmi sprijin obrajii în palme, atârnată în fereastră, locul unde aștept eu înserarea, după ce vin din plimbările mele, și încerc să-ți spun Noapte bună!
Am stins lampadarul, las să pătrundă în casă lumina de la felinarul din colț, am luat o pensulă, am trecut-o prin praf de stele, rămăsese pe pervaz de când s-au furișat la mine în cameră niște steluțe curioase, într-o seară, și am scris pe fereastră Noapte Bună!